One community fighting cancer
NCFCCC works together as one community to promote effective strategies for preventing and controlling cancer and providing support to cancer patients, survivors and caregivers in our region. As one of Florida’s five regional Cancer Control Collaboratives under the Department of Health’s Florida Comprehensive Cancer Control Program, NCFCCC shares the goals and strategies of this statewide program. The program is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to support and coordinate comprehensive cancer control activities throughout the state.
- The Cancer Resource Guide for North Central Florida, an online guide listing resources for healthcare professionals, and cancer patients and caregivers.
- Educational workshops for CEUs and CMEs. Topics have included: screening guidelines and controversies for breast and prostate cancer; grant writing for nonprofits, a multidisciplinary approach to pain and palliative care in rural primary care settings.
- An analysis of tobacco use cessation programs in the region
- “A Tobacco Cessation Resource Guide for North Central Florida,” which was incorporated into The Cancer Resource Guide of North Central Florida.
- A video montage on the experiences of rural cancer patients and survivors in North Central Florida for members to use and share.
Chief Executive Officer
For more information about NCFCCC, please email email@example.com.
Oversight and leadership of NCFCCC is provided by WellFlorida Council, a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization created in 1969. WellFlorida is a state designated local health council for North Central Florida and specializes in health-related consultancy for clients and projects throughout the state. NCFCCC is funded by the Florida Department of Health Cancer Control Program. Visit www.wellflorida.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about WellFlorida